- From what age are train tickets required?
- A child’s fare is required for children aged six years or older but younger than twelve years. The child’s fare is half the price of the adult’s fare. (Values less than ten yen for the child’s fare are rounded up to the nearest ten yen. Elementary schoolchildren aged twelve years are included in the scope of child’s fare. Preschool children aged six years are exempt from the child’s fare. )
- How can I buy a ticket from a ticket machine?
- Check the fare to your destination in the fare table posted above the ticket machine. Then insert the cash into the ticket machine and tap the button for the price equal to your fare. No credit card may be used for buying a ticket from a ticket machine.
- Are IC cards acceptable?
The IC cards listed below are acceptable on the Hankyu Railway.
PiTaPa is the only acceptable IC card at station kiosks and for beverage vending machines.
- Are express and seat reservation fees required to ride a limited express train?
- No express or seat reservation fees other than the fare are required on any trains of the Hankyu Railway.
- Is Wi-Fi service available in some areas of stations?
- The HANKYU HANSHIN WELCOME Wi-Fi service is available to foreign tourists free of charge in stations of Hankyu Railway, with limitation to the number of accesses. For more details, click here.